Is making a profit a challenge for your sewing business? Do you have a difficult time charging what your skills are worth? Are you a sewist bored with your current sewing projects and want a new experience?
Learn why making women’s competition dance and skate costumes can be rewarding, creative and profitable!
Join my FREE 3-Day “Custom Dress Commission” Sewing Challenge, November 1, 3, 5, 2022.
Are you ready to make a profit in your sewing business and stop being low-balled on the price?
Would you like to have clients who are prepared to invest in high quality, high dollar costumes for the sport-hobby they love?
Learn why making women’s Ballroom and Country dance, ice skating and artistic roller skating costumes can be just the ticket your sewing business needs for more creativity and profits.
Participate in live, online training every day in my free, 3-Day “Custom Dress Commission” Sewing Challenge.
Register today. No cost to join. You do not need an existing sewing business to participate.
Are you ready to skyrocket your sewing income?
FREE 3-Day “Custom Dress Commission!” Sewing Challenge!
November 1, 3, 5, 2022
What sewing business skills will I learn in this challenge?
PRE-CHALLENGE: The sew for income training begins the moment you enter our challenge Facebook group!
During the pre-challenge, your assignments are to begin learning the ways in which your current sewing business struggles.
If you do not sew for income yet, this is a great opportunity to learn about problems business owners have so you can help avoid the same pitfalls!
- What was your worst client sewing project?
- Did you charge enough on your highest price sewing project?
- Who is your current ideal sewing client?
- training video: Tips for pricing and knowing your sewing value.
- Share your stories and meet the other participants in our safe, private Facebook group.
- Simple ways to track your sewing business time and expenses.
- How to show your clients the amount of time it takes to make a garment so they understand the value of your skills.
- Learn to easily charge more without flinching.
- WHO is your ideal client? -- and why it is probably not who you think it is.
- Do a case study in success. Find small companies who successfully charge top dollar for the same types of sewing you currently do.
- Begin tracking your sew for income time and expenses every day - forever.
- Post your homework in our safe, private Facebook group and leave comments on other sewists' posts using your new business knowledge.
- What? Ballroom dance and country/ line dance dresses cost $3,000-$7,000 USD?
- And high-end skate dresses can easily cost $1,000-$5,000?
- Who are the dress designers in these fields?
- DRESS BREAKDOWN: Which materials and design elements are commonly used on dance and skate dresses?
- Research the dressmaker side of the dance and skate industries to decide if you like the costumes enough to learn to make them.
- Do your own dress breakdown on two dance or skate costumes.
- As usual, post your homework in our private Facebook group and leave encouraging, intelligent comments on other people's posts to help firm up your new dance and dressmaker knowledge.
- Pros and cons of making women's dance and skate dresses for income.
- How can I incorporate making these types of costumes into my current sewing business?
- Where do I find the new clients?
- How do I learn to make these types of dresses?
- HOMEWORK: Draft a plan with actions steps to learn the new sewing skills and get new clients.
- Like usual, post your homework in our private Facebook group. Also leave encouraging comments on other people's posts. ... When one person learns, everyone can learn.
You have invested a lot of time and money into your sewing business.
Are you a wise sewist willing to dedicate a few hours this week to save your sanity and jumpstart your profits?
Each live video call for the "Custom Dress Commission" Sewing Challenge will be held at the same time each day on November 1, 3, 5, 2022.
For more global time zones, click here.
NOTE: I will also be offering impromptu, live video training before the class officially begins on November 1, 2022.
All live training is on Zoom. Video replays, community forum and homework assignments are housed in our private Facebook group.
If you miss one or more live trainings, do not worry. You can catch up with the video replay.
Is this sewing challenge right for me?
This free, 3-day "Custom Dress Commission" Sewing Challenge is ideal for sewists who create custom garments in any genre.
- wedding attire
- prom dresses
- belly dance
- Irish dance
- theatre outfits
- custom lingerie or swimsuits
- Of course, if you already sew Salsa, Argentine Tango, ballroom dance, country or line dance, artistic roller skating and/or figure skating, you are a little ahead of the game. However, you can gain much clarity about how to sew for income.
Do you have an established business making ten garments a month? Or are you just beginning by making only one item per a month?
Either way, this sewing challenge will give you solid ways to save time, save your sanity, increase profits and keep your customers happy.
You do not need to have an existing sewing business to participate.
Are you a perfect fit for this free, 3-day sewing challenge?
What is the Sewing Challenge format?
LIVE VIDEO TRAINING: Every day on November 1, 3, 5, 2022 I host a live sewing business training. Each session lasts about 1.5 -2 hours.
Please note: as soon as you register for the challenge, you can begin learning with recorded lessons already loaded to the site. I will also be doing impromptu live coaching before the class officially begins on November 1, 2022.
DAILY HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS: I also suggest daily homework assignments. How much (or how little) you choose to do is up to you. Of course, the more active you are, the more you benefit.
JOIN THE TRAINING SESSIONS LIVE OR WATCH REPLAYS: All live design training videos are hosted on Zoom. You can watch them live on Zoom or on Facebook. If you or other participants have related questions during the live call, I am happy to answer them. When you cannot attend the live training, you can watch the replays.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP: All homework downloads, live video replays and the group discussions are available on our a private Facebook group. The downloads, replays and the challenge group are available for you to access for several days after the event ends.
I hope to see you in this sewing business challenge!
Click any of the pink buttons on this page to register.
Sewists love the Sew Like A Pro™ challenges!
Why am I qualified to teach this sewing business challenge?
Shortest answer: I made a LOT of mistakes in thirty years of my dance and skate dressmaking business!
Just like with my online sewing school, I created the Dressmaker Business Academy to teach you everything I wish I had known in 1992 when I began making custom ballroom (and eventually adding Country and skate) dresses for clients.
My dressmaking company was named, Seams Sensational. You see that name on this website. I was very, very good at making high-quality, perfectly fitted, haute couture ballroom and country dance dresses.
However, for the first ten or fifteen years of my dressmaking business, I had no clue what to do with the business side of sewing for income!
My business made a profit by accident. No joke.
I was exhausted from working what felt like a million hours each week trying to stay ahead of the orders.
Seriously, I was so bad at the business aspect, my employees' pay checks were almost as much as mine -- and they worked half the amount! Plus, they went home and forgot about the dress shop. I thought about it day and night.
Trust me when I say a LOT of “business” things can go wrong when you act like you don’t have a legitimate business, or when you do not know the ins and outs of running a sewing company for profit.
As fate would have it, I am highly qualified to tell you what NOT to do — plus what actually works. 🙂
Are you ready to stop suffering silently in your sewing business?
Are you ready to step away from your sewing machine and enjoy life, knowing you can make more money?
I would sure love to help you succeed way faster than it took me!
Please do yourself and your sewing business a favor; set aside a few hours to join me and hundreds of sewists from around the world.
Sign up today to participate in my DON'T MISS ANOTHER CHALLENGE! Sign up to be notified for 2023 events.
You'll be glad you did. 😉