FREE 3-Day Skate Dress Design MasterClass!
August 27, 28, 29, 2020
Are you are interested in participating in a future skate dress design masterclass or challenge?
Do you want to join a Country/Latin design challenge or a ballgown design challenge?
Click here to leave your name and email so we can notify you when the times comes.
- Skate Dress Design Challenge: estimated date is March, 2021.
- The next Ballgown Design Challenge: estimated date is January, 2021.
- Latin & Country Dress Design Challenge: estimated date is May, 2021.
Learn how to design a Figure Skating, Ice Dance or Artistic Roller Skating Dress that flatters your womanly figure.
Get live, online training every day for three days in a FREE 3-day skate dress design masterclass.
WHAT DESIGN TOOLS WILL I LEARN?
- DAY 0: Your pre-challenge training begins even before the first official day of the challenge.
- How to determine which necklines are most flattering for your face, shoulders and upper body
- Discover which colors are best with your personality, skin tone and hair color and why it is important to know these things.
- DAY 1, August 27:
- How to create a custom sketch template.
- Is your body symmetrical or asymmetrical?
- DAY 2, August 28:
- Mesh DOs and DON'Ts.
- Tips for making your mesh look invisible.
- Avoid the unflattering V shape skirt attachment line! Choose design lines that minimize your tummy, not make it look big and fluffy.
- DAY 3, August 29: S
- Guest speaker is Sew Like A Pro™ member, Elif. She is a genius at creating beautiful sketches specific for her music! She uses high fashion and dance or skate dresses as her inspirations. Elif shows us how she takes specific design elements from each of her inspiration photos and merges them into a custom sketch perfect for her body shape and size.
- + Questions can be asked during Elif's presentation.
- + If time allows, we will talk more about suitable fabrics for women's skate dresses and where to purchase materials around the world.
WHAT IS THE LEARNING FORMAT?
LIVE VIDEO TRAINING: Every day on August 27, 28, 29, I host a live design training video conference . Each session lasts from 2 - 2.5 hours.
DAILY HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS: I also suggest daily homework assignments. How much (or how little) you choose to do is up to you. Of course, the more active you are, the more you benefit.
JOIN THE TRAINING SESSIONS LIVE OR WATCH REPLAYS: All live design training videos are hosted on Zoom. You can watch them live on Zoom or on Facebook. If you or other participants have related questions during the live call, I am happy to answer them. If you cannot make the live training, you can watch the replays.
PRIVATE WORKSPACE ON FACEBOOK: All homework downloads, live video replays and the group design discussions are available on our private design Facebook workspace until the end of the challenge.
DESIGN & DRESSMAKER VIP SESSIONS: If you wish for even more design training or dressmaker training, I offer a 3-Day Design and Dressmaker VIP series.
- The VIP group is limited to only 20 people so you have personalized attention for your sewing or fitting problems.
- In addition, you have the opportunity to learn from other VIP member's questions.
- All three sessions are live, customized Q&A sessions held on Zoom.
- Each video call lasts 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Replays are available until evening of September 1, 2020.
- No holding back. No trade secrets withheld. I will answer all your dressmaker questions as openly and accurately as I would my Sew Like A Pro™ members. These VIP sessions are gold mine of information!
Lastly, I already loaded several hours of bonus video and a Neckline Success homework assignment to our design challenge Facebook workspace. It's ready for you to jump in with both feet.
I hope to see you in the skate dress design masterclass!
Are you tired of competing in costumes that have the wrong neckline and offer no bust support?
Are you fed up wearing dresses that have the wrong skirt shape for your thighs?
Do you really want another skating dress that makes your tummy look bigger?
What if you knew which skate dress design elements look best on your body shape and size?
Do you think if you looked beautiful in your costume - accentuating all the right curves - that your skate performance would improve?
How do I know?
I know, because I used to compete professionally in Theater Arts and American Rhythm in the ballroom world. That's me on the right, flying through the air. After I retired from competitive dance, I began taking ice dance lessons.
More importantly than all that, I know how adult skaters (and dancers) want to feel in her costumes because I have heard almost every success story and costume-melt-down story during my 30+ years of making custom dresses.
Also, my Sew Like A Pro™ sewing school members in twelve countries, add further testimony to how important a proper design is for competition costumes.
How you look and feel when you glide onto the rink, makes a tremendous difference in how you perform.
In the Skate Dress Design MasterClass, you will get the tools and training you need to design your own perfectly-sculpted dress that flatters your figure.
I hope you can set aside three days to join me and hundreds of skaters from around the world for my 3-Day Skate Dress Design MasterClass.
You'll be glad you did. 😉